My brothers used to make these huge elaborate tracks that went through the house and down the stairs. There were loops and jumps and we would race match box cars and marbles.
Today our track mostly sits in it's bag, unused, in the basement. But every once in awhile we pull it out and the kids will spend hours and even days racing marbles and cars. Sometimes we have several neighborhood kids over to join in the fun. Today the track kept Jenna and Josh entertained even though they couldn't reach very high to race the marbles. Anything that keeps them entertained and happy (without fighting) for more than 15 minutes at a time deserves an A+ in my book!
1 comment:
Yes, I remember those tracks. Gray grew up with them too and in a sentimental moment, mentioned to me that if I found some, I should pick them up. Ummm ... I already had. Like you said, they don't get used much until someone remembers them and pulls them out for a day of fun. I might just have to do that today :)
Post a Comment