My friend, Mari Purdy, invited us to go to Staheli Farm today with their home-school group. Since our kids were out of school for UEA I thought it sounded like a great idea. I hadn't been there in years and it has changed a lot. All of our kids came (except for Janika who was doing baptisms for the dead with the Young Women). We went on the corn maze (which is difficult for direction-impaired people like me, especially since I had to carry Jenna along) but eventually my boys got me out.
Then the kids played at all of the activity stations. They went down the corn slide and played in the corn (like a big sand box except with corn kernels instead of sand). They tried the cannon shooter and the swings (they loved the rope swing). Josh's favorite was the rubber ducky races. Jenna is our animal lover and so she enjoyed petting all of the animals. We brought a picnic lunch along and probably would have stayed longer except we had to get Jared back for a birthday party.
Speaking of birthday parties. I brought all of the kids to go see "Toy Story 3" this afternoon to celebrate Janelle's birthday. She also invited two of her friends -- Genevieve and Layla Purdy. They three of them looked so cute together, I wish I had remembered to take a picture. Janika and I were the only ones who actually cried at the end of the movie when Andy reminisced about all of his toys as he lovingly gave them away to the little neighbor girl so that they would continue to be loved and played with. Man we are babies!
After cake and ice-cream the kids all played night games next door with the other neighborhood kids. What a fun day!! Now tomorrow I guess we need to catch up on all of the house work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment