Monday, October 4, 2010

Jenna's Two Year Check

I brought Jenna in for her two year check up and Josh came along for the ride. We had to make a dash from the car since it had started to rain by the time we arrived. Jenna and Josh love looking at the huge aquarium filled with unique colorful fish that sits in the waiting room. Jenna looked so cute and big standing up on the scale and next to the wall to be measured. She is still little -- just 24 pounds and 32.12" -- 12th percentile for weight and 11th percentile for height. She was a perfect angel until they poked her with the needles. It was all downhill from there.

Usually she recovers fairly quickly from the shots but this time she had a hard time. She got three including the flu shot. She cried all the way home and her leg seemed to really hurt when I lifted her on to my hip. We came home and I cuddled with her in front of signing time with a hot pad on her leg. Later that night she woke in the middle of the night crying and was incredibly hot. I kept her home from her play group the next day. Her fever came and went over the next few days and then Josh came down with the same thing on Friday. Weird! I wondered if it was from the flu shot but it doesn't seem like it would show up five days later (for Josh).

No comments: