Monday, October 18, 2010

Needs and Wants

Last night we were around the table talking:

Jase: "I really need a Picman game and a memory card for my birthday or Christmas."
Rick: "Well, there is a difference between "needs" and "wants." So what do you really "need" for Christmas?"
Me: "Well, Jase actually doesn't really need anything -- It's okay for him to get a few things he just wants.
Jase: "I know that there are some things you just need -- like a color laser printer -- but there are some things you want too...

A color laser printer?? Janika and I just bust out laughing. Janika said, "I thought he was going to say something like "socks and underwear" but "a color laser printer?""

Jase was totally serious when he said that, but perhaps he was also reminding Rick of his own personal need for that color laser printer he got for Christmas last year. Ha Ha!

No comments: