This is just some day to day tidbits -- nothing really important but just little things I like to refer back to. Now that I am blogging, I don't really do my day to day journal entries like I used to. For about a year I did both the blog and the daily journal but it just got to be too hard to keep up with both and so I dropped the "everyday" journal but still try to include some of those simple everyday events in my blog so that I can have it for future reference. Plus if I bury this with last week's entries then hopefully no one will read it anyway.
Anyway, I was glad that our kids were able to walk with a neighbor mom for "Walk to School Day" today since I had an appointment this morning. I didn't know if the weather would clear up long enough but it did. Tonight for Scouts, Jase got to go to the Spectrum where they make our local newspaper. He said it was really neat and told me all about it when he got home. His school did cancel (or postpone) his fieldtrip to Zion's National Park Thursday though because of the weather so that was a little disappointing.
Friday afternoon I went and got my hair done. I had been procrastinating it for a long time. The gal who did my hair said that it would be better to come in at just one inch re-growth, two inches max because it would be cheaper and not take so long. So maybe I am not saving any money by waiting extra time in between appointments. Anyway, it took 3 1/2 hours! And after all that time I was disappointed with the results. I have gone to this place for years and usually like it but not today. I guess they were out of the hair color and so she used bleach instead (I didn't learn this until it was all done). So the bleach looked sort of white instead of blonde and that mixed with my brown (since I usually have two colors done put in -- one of my natural hair color and one blonde) gave my hair sort of a grayish tint. This has happened a couple of times before but not for many years. I wondered if I should go back in the next day to see if they could do anything about it but decided to wait a few days and then decided that it didn't look too bad. I will probably just wait until next month and then get some more blonde highlights put in.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Our school didn't mention the walk to school day ... probably afraid of a backlash (wish construction, the walk is HORRIBLE and unsafe).
That was a long hair appointment - I don't think mine took three-hours. I put it off too, only get it done about twice a year. I might even go back to my regular color ... lose the blonde ... don't know yet. The upkeep is a hard ...
I still keep my own journal, the blog just isn't enough of a journal ... although I do a little entry each day on the family blog (the Daily Do section) and sometimes that replaces my journal ...
well lets see a pic of your hair!!
Post a Comment